Thursday, July 18, 2013

Taking the help.

At the very beginning I decided that no matter how sick I got I was going to work.  I didn't really have a choice, we are a two income family who just bought a new house and I needed to work.  I was not prepared for how sick this chemo would make me, how much pain would be involved, and how I would be completely unable to work.  Not only do I need the money but I also need the people, I love my clients and I love my job.  Some of my clients have been with me for over 10 years, they are my friends, I adore them and they always have the very best gossip!  It was surprising to me how quickly I realized that I would be unable to work and at this point I don't know how long it will be until I am able to go back.  I miss it everyday and I have now laid the financial burden of one income and medical expenses onto my family.  As if I wasn't feeling guilty enough, right?

My husband would do anything to make this better but since he can't and doesn't know what else to do...he is working.  Working 2 jobs and making as much money as possible to make up for some of my lost wages.  It's sweet and I appreciate him beyond words.  Then there are people(you know who you are) that have already given generously to me and my family and I am forever grateful.  The irony of getting my house keys the day of my diagnosis cannot be for nothing, I will not let cancer take this house from me, it has taken enough.  Thankfully, my friends and family have put together some fundraisers to help us out and since my pride left on may 1st, I thought I would share them with you.
The above flyer is for a poker tournament being held in Phoenix.  Come to play or just to hang out.  This way you can help me out and win some money!  It should be a blast and if I am feeling up to it I might just swing by.  Here is the link to the Facebook event page.
This one is a raffle put together by my Aunt and Uncle.  My uncle is a total rock star who has created some of the most iconic bronze sculptures in Prescott, Phoenix, and around the world.  They have chosen the perfect bronze to raffle off at a BBQ on Sept 28th.  You can purchase a ticket by phone, mail, or by clicking the donate button at the bottom of my page, just be sure to specify that your donation is for the raffle and include your address in the memo so that we can send you a raffle ticket.  You do not have to be present to win.


Thank you to the people that have already donated to this blog.  I am shocked that so many people are even reading and sharing this blog, over a thousand hits each week.  I cannot comprehend why so many people would care what I have to say and feel but I am glad they do, it makes me feel like a I have an army behind me.  And maybe somehow...somewhere...somebody will find peace in my struggle. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment