Sunday, April 27, 2014

Our first Day.


I know that it has been a while since I have blogged.  I am flattered by all the messages I have recieved telling me that you missed my weekly updates.  I am still baffeled that a single person reads these things let alone thousands.  It has made me feel mighty when my body was so weak.  My army.  I needed a break.  Some time to be alone with my thoughts and away from them too.  This week will make up for it.  I want to take a moment each night and reacap our day, mostly for my memories but I also know that those of you who helped us get here are just as excited (if not more!) so feel free to follow us on our "We kicked Cancers Ass, Dream Vacation"

Saturday morning before we left I attempted to have a yard sale.  Cause' ya know, Im nuts.  We wound up getting rained out pretty early on but not before I was able to pocket a couple hundred bucks.  We were able to borrow grandmas minivan which made for a very cozy ride.  Ive always sworn that I'd never own a minivan but after some time in this bad boy, I gotta say...I'm kinda digging it!  When we got in the car I began my speach.  Through some tears, I told each one of my babies how thankful I was for taking such good care of me this year, for being patient, for being brave, and for being my reason to fight.  We talked about how different our life is going to be and that this moment was the first step to a life lived fully.

I spent the last couple weeks making road sign bingo, pipe cleaner creation contest, car scavenger hunts, licence plate map contests, ect!  I was fully prepared to make our ride loads of fun.  After 7 hours, one stop at Denny's, and a couple "are we there yets?"  We made it to our hotel in Carlsbad, Ca.  We decided to go watch the sunset at the ocean and that is where I let myself just cry.  Reflecting on my year, but mostly just how overwhelmed with gratitude I am.  For a while we were all just quiet and still.  It was a beautiful moment.  Then we grabbed some Chinese take-out and ate noodles in bed.  

We woke up vibrating with aticipation about our first day of actual vacation.  We got to Legoland early and took full advantage of our time.  Riding most of the rides, eating lots of churros, and building until our hearts content.  It was a great day!!  We stayed until closing and then headed to our room at the Paradise Pier in Dinseyland.  When we got here we were surprised to see a big banner on our door.  Our room was filled with so many goodies!  Huge stuffed Mickey, MIni, and all their friends.  Candeis, toys, balloons, sweet notes, galore!  My mom had our room filled to the max with the most thoughtful of gifts.  Surprises at every corner.  So beautiful and specail.  I had another good cry, I think I'll be having lots of those here.  After all, its been a long time coming.
Good night!  We have a massive Lego to build and a big day at Disney tomorrow!

1 comment: