Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cleaning Up.

My Space- A few weeks ago, out of the blue, I received a call from a woman named Tausha with Admire Cleaning Service.  She heard of me through a mutual friend and has been following my blog.  She told me that her and her crew wanted to come and clean my house.  I was totally floored.  She didn't want anything from me, just to help me.  On Monday, this group of people came in on their own time and didn't just tidy up, they spent 8 hours deep cleaning the whole house until it literally sparkled.  She then offered to continue to clean my house and also recruited a company to do my carpets.  This grand act of love came from complete strangers.  Kinda cool, huh?  Thank you Tausha and crew for all that you have done, you made more than just my house sparkle.

*If anyone needs a residential or commercial cleaning service, Admire Cleaning Service is unlike any other.  I have never had anyone clean so thoroughly.  I cannot say enough good things about them as people and as a company.  Hire them before or after holidays or even give a cleaning as a gift!  480-290-2627  

My Body- You know how when you're sick you'll eat whatever sounds good?  Well, I've been sick for 6 months.  Milkshakes, pretzels, cheese-its....you get the idea.  Since, the weekly chemo I am on now isn't making me nauseous. (Hallelujah!)  It's time to alkaline and get my body as clean as possible.  I've gutted my pantry and fridge, gotten familiar with my local farmers market, and I'm already feeling fantastic.  I am cooking whole, raw, vegan, and organic.  I am literally high on food right now.  It feels so good to be able to eat!  If it doesn't feed my body, it doesn't go in.  End of story.

My Relationships- I am a feelings hoarder.  I have had problems with many of my relationships that I've been too afraid to voice.  Like most people, I'm terrified of rejection and I don't like to upset anyone.  When something bothers me I usually nurse, curse, and rehearse it to death, an emotional hamster wheel that never gets me anywhere.  Rarely do I say anything.  Instead, I hold on to it. There are things festering from decades ago that I am still cycling on!  That can't be normal.  A hoarder can't simply keep their house clean.  They have to first pick up all the junk.  So, that is what I am doing.  Purging all my emotional baggage.  I’m dealing with all the things that live inside and haunt me.  I don't want them anymore, they are making me sick.  I'm cleaning the slate and learning to deal with things head on.  You know, like an adult.

My Thoughts- I believe we create our universe.  I believe that our thoughts actually shape our lives.  Over the past few months I have begun to change the way I think.  I am working to shape every negative thought into something positive.  It's become my religion, I practice it.  Keeping my channels clean.  It's not easy, I'm losing my breasts next month, I am worried that I am going to lose my house, and I am beginning to wonder if my hair styling career is over.  Is my husband going to find me attractive without boobs?  More importantly, am I going to be able to feel beautiful without them?  Those things aren't easy to put positive spins on, but I am trying to.  I have to.  I'll have 6 flat months.  No boobs and no prosthetic allowed for 6 full months.  I'll be flat as a board, bald, and puffy.  Somehow, some way, I am going to find the beauty in it.

3 comments:

  1. Kara, you have got a wonderful outlook on all of this and I hope the best for you and your family. I have no idea how I stumbled onto your blog, after years of not speaking with you, I had a feeling to see how you and your family were. I am so sorry for all that you are going through, but reading all of this shows just how strong of a woman you are, and you inspire so much words are hard to come by. I am thinking about you and I will continue to watch your fight and fight along with you. Keep strong hun, you ARE WORTH IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks very cute and pretty. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.
    Cleaning Service

    ReplyDelete