Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Topless Photo shoot - Look # 1

Back in May of 2013, the day before my very first chemo, I asked Brittany Janelle (Photography) if she would come take some pictures of me.  I wasn't exactly sure why I needed them, I just knew for sure that I did.  I needed to capture the woman I was in that fleeting moment, to give her one last time to shine, smile, and bid her a proper adieu.  I had no idea then just how valuable those pictures would be.  That girl is long gone.

Fast forward to now.  I'm not whole, my body feels broken, forgein.  This phase feels a bit like shedding, molting, cocooning.  Pealing parts of myself away all while being completely unsure what lies beneath.  I am right smack in the middle.  Half of the girl I used to be and pieces of an absolutely new one.  I don't know all the reasons why yet, but I know that I need to document it.  I needed to prove that this too IS beautiful, pretty, and oh so sexy.  Prove it to one person.  Me.

Obviously, I had to have Brittany Janelle capture these images.  I am at a loss for words to explain how grateful I am to her and for her.  I literally could go on forever about how much I love her and how insanely talented she is.  But instead, I urge you to go see for yourself.  www.BrittanyJanellePhotography.com  .  Adorbs, right?!  Thank you, Brittany.  They are perfect.

There are a ton of pictures and a few different "looks".  I am going to break it into 3 parts.  Here is look #1!




























14 comments:

  1. such a beautiful soul and an inspirational Survivor ~Kuddos to you sweetie ... Love ALL your pics Miss Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start putting survivor next to my name! Thank you

      Delete
  2. Love it! You are beautiful and strong lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the support and making taking my clothes off a little less scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Kara,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful!!! You have always been and always will be beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So strong and so very beautiful. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU ARE TRULY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON I KNOW INSIDE AND OUT,,,,,BUT WHAT BLOWS MY MIND IS YOUR COURAGE, DETERMINATION, AND STRENGTH.....I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN AWE OF YOU...PICS ARE AMAZING....THIS IS DAWN SCOTT....FROM SIGNATURE.....LOVE U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dawn! You have been so amazing to me through this. I appreciate it very much. Xoxo

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! Peace & strength always to you!

    I found your blog through Brittany last year. Love Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you should even bother with a wig. Those last photos - especially the very last one - are absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing!! Love from Denver...

    ReplyDelete